Sunday, May 14, 2017

Reflection for May 8th through 12th
 
How did you do on the work?
This week started off with the AP exam, which went okay for me. In terms of knowing the content I felt pretty good besides a few things, it was just my time management that I struggled with. I ended up leaving a few questions blank that I knew the answers too, but oh well. At least I know I can feel confident with my knowledge of the course materials. The rest of the week was spent on genius hour, and I really like how my project is coming together. I hope that it works, and I think I'm prepared and ready to go.

What do you think you understand well?
I think I understand the concepts behind the research for my project, which is crucial for when I end up writing a conclusion, etc. and basically interpreting my data/results. I get how the cactus guts are able to attract the sediment/bacteria and clean water, but I want to see it myself. I also understand how the experiment in general is supposed to be set up, and the steps I need to take to start my experiment and make sure it is well done.

Where do you think you could improve? 
I need to improve my time management for the experiment I think, because I keep forgetting that we only have a few weeks to do this, not a couple of months like the science fair.
 
What strategies will you use to improve?
I will make maybe some sort of small calendar, or at least a timeline of what I should be doing. I need to give myself time for the write up as well as data collection. I'm going to try to bring in most of my materials for tomorrow so I can get started on data collection as soon as possible to see if it actually works.

How does the work we are doing fit into the context/narrative of the course?
This fits into the course because I am looking at bacteria, which is one of the major domains, and also the cohesion of these molecules from the cacti to the bad stuff in the water. Also, in a larger sense of the project, we are looking at how to set up a lab and test something, and then present and analyze the data for others to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment