Sunday, March 12, 2017

Reflection for Week of March 5 through March 10

How did you do on your work?
This week, I think I did well on my work because I understood the vodcast questions and I was able to finish the packet from class without a lot of trouble. I worked pretty efficiently and I was glad I worked hard in class so my homework wasn't as bad. I also was able to make up some work because I missed school.

What do you think you understand well?
I think I understand the cell cycle and the checkpoints well. We spent a lot of time on it sophomore year, and I actually find myself remembering a lot of the information. Some of the chromosome information is a little confusing to me, about remembering haploid and diploid, etc. otherwise, I think I understand everything else pretty well.

Where do you think you can improve?
In terms of improvement, I am only confused really on some of the chromosomes transfer numbers, so I could just rewatch those vodcasts to ensure that I have a grasp on all of the concepts. Also, I still need to slow down when watching the vodcasts because I often rush through them, as I am crunched for time. If I slow down I think I would save time in the long run in terms of understanding. I also should begin studying this weekend for the bio test because I have a lot of skiing and missed school coming up.

What strategies will you use to improve?
Whoops I guess I already sort of answered this, I want to slow down when watching the vodcasts at home to make sure I have a better understanding. I also will begin reviewing vodcasts for the test as well.

How does the work we are doing fit into the context/narrative of the course?

The work we are currently doing pulls everything back into just cells and the basics of how they work. But it also brings it back into DNA replication and the overall process in which it occurs. It also starts to relate back to variation, and how it occurs with mutations and chromosomes, which was involved in earlier units.

No comments:

Post a Comment