Monday, March 20, 2017

3-2-1 Analysis

3 things I learned from the activity:
The first thing I learned is that there is a lot more variation between patients with the same type of cancer than I thought. The second thing that I learned was that there are also some small similarities between entirely different cancers, including the same genes that are affected by the cancer. I also learned that there are certain chromosomes that are more likely to be affected by the cancer, such as chromosome 17.

2 things that surprised or interested me:
I was surprised that colorectal cancer is now being seen in younger people, and I'm interested to see if they will be able to prove effectively that it is related to the obesity epidemic. I also was interested by the fact that some cancers affected a lot of genes and some affected only two.

1 question I still have:
How can these cancers vary so much within the same type?

No comments:

Post a Comment